Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Anniversary Celebration

As I mentioned yesterday, my husband and I spent last weekend at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort in Bastrop, Texas, just outside of Austin.

Not only does the Resort have amazing accommodations, but they have such wonderful “extras”. Our stay there was full of “firsts” for my husband. He had his first pedicure (the “Man’s Pedicure”, of course"—that was my idea!) and then we had a couples massage. He said, “This will have to be an annual thing”. Yay, for me!! The Spa there is called Spa Django and it is beautiful. They pamper you more than any other spa that I have been to.

Spa signSpa

Ahhhhhh…………..

The food here and the atmosphere is beyond amazing. There are a few different restaurants, but we absolutely loved the

Firewheel Cafe.Buffet 1 Buffet 2

They offered an amazing buffet which included a full salad bar, various entree selections (herb roasted chicken, rice pilaf with pecans and cranberries, green beans almondine, seared salmon, and cut-to-your-liking Prime Rib). They even offered a seafood bar with crab legs, shrimp, etc…Delicious Entree(I’m not a seafood eater, but my husband said it was wonderful).

Tomato Basil Soup

My FAVORITE was the

Tomato Basil Soup!

Yumm-O!!

Just when we thought we were finished, we made a trip to the DESSERT BAR! They had a little of everything! Dessert Table

Key Lime Cheesecake, Espresso Mousse, Chocolate Fondue, etc…

Full Dessert Table

After we were sufficiently STUFFED, our waitress brought the check. After seeing all of the amazing food, we fully expected the bill to be expensive. That was fine because we were celebrating our Anniversary. But…..the check arrived and…….Ticket It was only $51.24! We were shocked! Definitely another check in the “plus column” for this place!

Each night, they have campfires with s’mores all throughout the Resort. Adorable! I’m a sucker for that kind of stuff! Campfire Pit

I hope that you will put this amazing place on your “to-do” list for 2010. And for those of you who live in Central Texas, it’s right in your backyard. For us it was a short 2 1/2 hour drive. Well worth it!

Outside Sheller's

Windmill and Gate

Outside area

Blessings,

Sandi

5 comments:

  1. Love this blog!!!! Good for you......Looks great! Suzanne Yelverton alias...Childsplay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww that looks like so much fun! and the food looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love your trip!! This resort is a Smyrl Fave. And your Blog!! Great!!! Congrats on getting it all up and running!!! Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit that place! I will have to check it out! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Background